How sclerotherapy from your vascular surgeon in Brooklyn, and Queens, NY, can help you
Do you have ugly spider veins or varicose veins? They are a common problem. Fortunately, there is a procedure that can help eliminate them. It’s called sclerotherapy. Dr. Michael Kassouf at Veinmedic in Brooklyn, and Queens, NY, provides a wide range of vascular surgery procedures and services, including sclerotherapy.
If you are considering treatment to eliminate spider veins or varicose veins, you owe it to yourself to consider sclerotherapy. These are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers about sclerotherapy:
How Does Sclerotherapy Work?
When you have sclerotherapy treatment, a liquid material is injected into the affected vein to close up the vein. Once the affected vein is closed, it will dry up and fade away over time.
Why Should I Choose Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy offers many important benefits. Sclerotherapy is:
- Minimally invasive treatment because it requires no surgical incisions or sutures
- Comfortable treatment because it doesn’t require anesthesia
- Convenient treatment because it is performed on an outpatient basis, with no hospital stay
- Effective treatment because you will see results in as little as 3 to 6 weeks
What Else Can I Do To Prevent Spider Veins and Varicose Veins?
Spider veins and varicose veins are caused by pressure on your leg veins, so it’s important to:
- Wear compression socks to add leg support
- Maintain a healthy weight to reduce leg and foot pressure
- Limit salt intake to help prevent swelling of your legs and feet
- Wear low-heeled, supportive shoes
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting
- Exercise regularly to boost blood flow to your legs and feet
These are just a few frequently asked questions and answers about sclerotherapy. To find out more about sclerotherapy and how it can help eliminate spider veins and varicose veins, call Dr. Michael Kassouf at Veinmedic in Brooklyn, and Queens, NY. You can reach him in the office by calling (718) 238-0131, so call today.